Last Modified: August 10, 2023
2. Scope and Consent:
3. Collection of Personal Information:
You can visit our Services without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers and the servers of our third party service providers, as applicable. We collect the following types of personal information:
Information we collect automatically: When you visit use our Services, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information may include, but is not limited to: (a) information from your interaction with our Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from www.spotdogwalkers.com and the mobile application, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and (ii) information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies (discussed further in Section 7 below).
Information you provide to us: We collect and store any information you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
• information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use (e.g., your name, phone number, email address, address, profile image, password, etc.);
• additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third party services;
• information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our Services, or correspondence that is sent to us;
• information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device; and
• your resume if you choose to submit it to us for consideration.
If we collect your payment information over the phone, it is encrypted when it is saved.
Information from other sources: We may, with your consent or as permitted or required by law, receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: (a) demographic data; (b) navigation data; (c) additional contact data; and (d) additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities; in each case to the extent permitted by law. In addition, while your payment card information is generally provided directly to our third-party payment processor, we may have access to limited information (e.g., country of issuance and expiration date).
4. Use of Personal Information
You agree that Spot may collect, use, disclose, retain, and otherwise process your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide you access to our Services and Customer Support by means of e-mail or telephone;
• to manage your account;
• to personalize, measure and improve our Services, content and ads;
• to provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected the information; and
• to consider you as a third party service provider if you choose to upload your resume for our consideration.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
Sharing information with and registration on social media sites: We may offer sign-on Services that enable you to access the Services with your login credentials from third party sites. We can also offer Services that enable you to share information with third party social media websites, such as Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.
• Companies related to Spot. We may disclose the personal information we collect to our corporate affiliates and subsidiaries: (a) to provide joint content and services (such as registration and customer support); (b) to prevent, detect and investigate possible illegal activities, violations of our policy, fraud and/or data security breaches; and (c) to support decision making on products, websites, applications, services, tools and communication. Spot will only use this information to send you marketing messages when you yourself have requested their services, and they will use your personal information in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
• Service Providers. We may disclose the personal information we collect to vendors and service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our Services, such as the contractors who provide the Pet Care Services (as defined in the Terms and Conditions), cloud service providers (such as Amazon Web Services), payment processors (such as Moneris), financial service providers, marketing agencies and technical support.
• Other Third Parties. We may disclose personal information to any third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via Spot.
We may also share your personal information in the following circumstances, in each case in accordance with applicable laws:
• In support of Business Transfers. If we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, amalgamated with, or invested in by another company, or if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company.
• Compliance and Legal Obligations. If we are required to do so by law, or in accordance with this policy, to certain third parties (such as intellectual property rights holders, supervisory authorities, tax authorities, police and other regulatory authorities). We may also disclose personal information to comply with legal obligations or a court order.
• Security and Protection of Rights. Where we believe doing so is necessary to protect the Services, our rights and property, or the rights, property, and safety of others. For example, we may disclose personal information: (i) to prevent, detect, investigate, prosecute, and respond to fraud, unauthorized activities and access, illegal activities, and misuse of the Services; (ii) in situations involving potential threats to the health, safety, or legal rights of any person or third party; or (iii) to enforce, detect, investigate, and take action in response to violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use. We may also disclose personal information related to litigation and other legal claims or proceedings in which we are involved, as well as for our internal accounting, auditing, compliance, record keeping, and legal functions.
• Other Disclosures. We may disclose personal information in other ways not described above that we notify you of or that we obtain your consent for, or that are otherwise authorized or required by law.
Information you share while using the Services: You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our Services and therefore we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other users.
In case you use the Services from a shared or public device, we strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want the shared device to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your website visits.
Notwithstanding anything else described in this policy, we may use and disclose aggregate, de-identified, and other non-identifiable data related to our business and the Services for quality control, analytics, research, development and other purposes. Where we use, disclose or process de-identified data (data that is no longer reasonably linked or linkable to an identified or identifiable natural person, household, or personal or household device) we will maintain and use the information in de-identified form and not to attempt to re-identify the information, except in order to determine whether our de-identification processes are reasonable and adequate pursuant to applicable privacy laws.
6. Marketing Purposes
You agree that we may use the information collected by us to send you service requests, whether personalised or not, or to contact you by telephone regarding products or Services offered by Spot.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
When you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can, where applicable, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow the unsubscribe link in the marketing communication you received.
7. Advertising and Analytics
When you use our Services, we and our service providers may place cookies (data files on your phone or mobile device’s drive), web beacons (electronic images that are placed in a web page’s code, such as pixel tags), or similar technologies. We use these technologies to help us identify you as a user, to provide you a better experience with our Services, to measure promotional effectiveness and to ensure trust and safety on our Services.
8. Accessing, Reviewing, Changing and Deleting Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information held by us. Upon written request and authentication of identity, we will provide you with your personal information under our control. We will also give you information about the ways in which that information is being used and a description of the individuals and organizations to whom that information has been disclosed.
To request data deletion please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “Data Deletion” include your name and phone number and we will remove all data collected associated with your account.
9. Protection and retention of your personal information
We protect your information by using reasonable technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. However, no data security measures can guarantee security, so if you believe your account has been abused, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
10. Cross-Border Transfers
11. Other information
If you have any questions about Spot’s Services please contact us at email@example.com.